Effective 2001, Factories (Safety Training Courses) Order 2001 stipulates that “any person who is appointed as a Project Manager to be in charge of all construction activities in building and engineering construction worksites of a contract sum of $10 million or more shall attend the Construction Safety Course for Project Managers before undertaking such project”.
On completion of this course, learners will have knowledge and skills in managing the worksites safety and health management system and ensuring safety and health measures are put in place in construction activities.
- Understand the legal obligations of duty holders, including a project manager of a worksite, under the new WSH framework
- Form the WSH Committee and implement its functions
- Plan and implement safety programmer, system and safe work procedure for construction activities in accordance with WSH (Construction) Regulations
- Plan and implement an occupational health programmer and risk assessment in accordance
- Plan and implement risk management programmer for all construction activities in accordance with general principles and requirements of related WSH Regulations and Guidelines
- Establish and procedures for incident reporting and accident investigation in accordance with general principles and requirements of related WSH Regulations and Guidelines
- Establish and implement Safety and Health Management System in worksite in accordance with general principles and requirements of related WSH Regulations and Guidelines
- Plan and participate safety and health audit and review in worksite in accordance with general principles and requirements of related WSH Regulations and Guidelines
Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent post to be eligible to attend this course.
- Must be holding the position of Chairman of Safety Committee, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent post to be eligible to attend this course (ES) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy level 6 and above or equivalent
- Theory Examination
- 2 Short answer questions
- 2 Essay questions
- Both must pass 75% in total
- Case Study
- 1 Case study question
- Course attendance: 75%
Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Skills Development Fund(SDF)
(Fee Type: Nett Fee)
Participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) sponsored by Company or Individuals are eligible for the Skills Development Fund (SDF) Funding administrated by the SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (SSG).
Individuals can however apply for SkillsFuture Credits to pay for their training (only applicable for Singaporeans aged 25 and above).
61 Senoko Drive Singapore 758238