Under The WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations 2011:
“No scaffold (including “gondola”) shall be erected, installed, re-positioned, altered or dismantled except by an approved
“An approved scaffold contractor shall employ or engage only scaffold (“gondola”) supervisors, scaffold erectors and
suspended scaffold (“gondola”) riggers who have undergone a course of training approved by the Commissioner”
“The scaffold supervisor (for both scaffold and suspended scaffolds-“gondola”) shall be a person who has undergone a
course of training approved by the Commissioner”
“The scaffold (including “gondola”) supervisor shall ensure that the scaffold (including “gondola”) is erected, installed,
re-positioned, altered or dismantled in accordance with requirements in the WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations.”
By the end of the course, participants will be competently trained with necessary knowledge and skills in supervising scaffold erection, inspection and dismantling work activities in construction and other related industries.
- Introduction to Legal Requirements
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Safe Rigging of Suspended Scaffolds
- Safe Use & Inspection of Suspended Scaffolds
- Interpretation of Design Drawings
- Accident Investigation and Case Studies
- Understanding standard components and parts of suspended scaffold including different outriggers and anchorages
- Pre-start check of equipment and gears, start-up procedures, shut-down procedures and emergency procedures
- Practice rigging, termination of wire ropes and installation of suspended scaffold
- Visual check of suspended scaffold, braking system, safety devices, anchorage points, wire ropes and related details
- Trouble-shooting of winch/climbing mechanism
- Proper use of personal protective equipment (body harness) and life line
This course is specially designed for personnel who wish to be trained and engaged as “Gondola Supervisor” by an approved scaffold contractor to supervise the erection, installation, re-positioning, alteration or dismantling of a “Gondola”.
- Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy Level 4 and above.
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES Workplace Numeracy level 4 and above.
- Written Assessment
- 50 MCQ – 65%
- Practical Assessment
- Learner must pass BOTH parts of the written assessments
- Course attendance:- 100% attendance.
Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Skills Development Fund(SDF)
(Fee Type: Full Fee)
Participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) sponsored by Company or Individuals are eligible for the Skills Development Fund (SDF) Funding administrated by the SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (SSG).
Individuals can however apply for SkillsFuture Credits to pay for their training (only applicable for Singaporeans aged 25 and above).
Venue: 61 Senoko Drive S758238